Hi there and welcome to summer! Is it time for dessert yet? I hope so because I brought this Strawberry & Vanilla Bean “Nice” Cream and it’s starting to melt already!
Okay, so I suppose you want to know how I made my vegan ice cream, right? You do need an ice cream maker, I use the Cuisinart version that I got at my bridal shower nearly ten years ago <—-(wow, am I really that old?).
There are many ways to make a vegan ice cream base, but my favorite is using a can of coconut milk blended with with whatever sweetener and flavor you want. I also use unsweetened soy milk for the creaminess.
Here’s the recipe for this incredible Strawberry & Vanilla Bean version, I hope you enjoy it!Print
Strawberry & Vanilla Bean \”Nice\” Cream
- Yield: 6
- Category: Dessert
- 1 13.5-ounce can coconut milk
- 2 cups unsweetened soy milk
- 1 1/2 cups pitted Medjool dates
- 1 pint strawberries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 vanilla bean
- Place the can of coconut milk in the refrigerator until chilled thoroughly.
- Combine coconut milk, soy milk, dates, strawberries, vanilla extract, and the seeds of the vanilla bean in a high-speed blender and process until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the base of an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Ideally, you would freeze this an additional 1-2 hours after it’s done in the ice cream maker so it gets really firm. Then, about 30 minutes before serving, take it out of the freezer so it is then scoop-able.
Enough talking, let’s eat!!!
Pin this image:
P.S. I also have a Carrie on Living Amazon affiliate store where I list all of my favorite beauty items, kitchen devices, books, and other cool stuff that supports my lifestyle. Your purchase of any item on Amazon helps support my blog so thank you in advance!