Strawberries are clearly in season right now!
Not familiar with collagen protein? It’s new-to-me since adopting more of a paleo/ancestral-health-type approach to my food choices, but it’s basically an animal-based protein that has been broken down and made into a supplement (you can read more about collagen here).
You might like this jello recipe I made with freshly-squeezed orange juice here, btw.
Since not everyone is comfortable eating the standard collagen product made from bovine hide, these two marine-based products are an especially exciting addition to the market.
Both the Collagen Beauty Greens and the Marine Collagen are appropriate for people who eat fish but not products made from cattle. Additionally, the fish used in the Vital Proteins brand comes from fresh wild-caught snapper, Non-GMO Project Verified:
The green-labeled Beauty Greens canister uses marine collagen, but also has raw organic greens, hyaluronic acid, and probiotics:
What better way to make a beauty drink than to blend up some gorgeous fresh berries:
Plus, dairy-free milk, banana, spinach, mint, lemon juice, cinnamon, and cocoa powder:
Very pretty and tasty too!
My printable recipe:Print
Marine Collagen Strawberry Greens Smoothie
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 1 min
- Total Time: 11 minutes
- Yield: 2
- Category: Smoothie
- 1 pint fresh organic strawberries (rinsed and hulled)
- 1 frozen ripe banana (peel and chop before freezing)
- 1 cup vanilla-hemp milk (or your favorite dairy-free option)
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins Collagen Beauty Greens or 2 scoops Marine Collagen
- 2-4 big handfuls of raw baby spinach
- 4-8 fresh mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon raw honey, if desired for extra sweetness
- Combine strawberries, frozen banana, dairy-free milk, collagen protein, spinach, mint, lemon juice, cinnamon, cocoa powder, and raw honey into the base of a high-speed blender.
- Blend on high for about 20 seconds until creamy and smooth. Serve cold.
My friends at Vital Proteins are offering one lucky winner (1) 10oz Marine Collagen ($49 retail value) and (1) Collagen Beauty Greens ($79 retail value).
This giveaway is open to all U.S. and Canadian addresses, woo-hoo! One winner will be selected at random on 5/19/16; all restrictions apply.
Please note: this is not a sponsored post, but I am an affiliate of Vital Proteins and so I get a small commission from any purchased made using links in this post. The giveaway link: a Rafflecopter giveaway