These are some of my favorite resources for healthy, balanced living. Please note that some of the links include affiliate codes so if you make purchases, I get a small referral commission. Thank you for your support!
Recommended Appliances (you can see them all in my Amazon store here):
- Dehydrator: Excalibur Dehydrator
- Food Processor: Cuisinart 11-Cup version
- Hand Immersion Blender: Hamilton-Beach version
- High-Speed Blender: Vitamix high-speed blender
- Juicer: Omega masticating version
- Yogurt Maker: Euro-Cuisine
- Pressure Cooker: Cuisinart electric version
- Slow-Cooker: Cuisinart 3 1/2-Quart Slow-Cooker
- Soy Milk Maker: Soybella
- Sprouter for nuts, seeds, and beans: Easy Sprout Sprouter
Books on Plant-Based Health & Nutrition:
- Disease-Proof Your Child: Feeding Kids Right by Joel Fuhrman, M.D.
- Eat to Live: The Revolutionary Formula for Fast and Sustained Weight Loss by Joel Fuhrman, M.D.
- Eat to Live Cookbook: 200 Delicious Nutrient-Rich Recipes for Fast and Sustained Weight Loss, Reversing Disease, and Lifelong Health by Joel Fuhrman, M.D.
- Super Immunity by Joel Fuhrman, M.D.
- The End of Dieting: How to Live for Life by Joel Fuhrman, M.D.
Books on the Paleo Approach:
- Eat the Yolks by Liz Wolfe
- The Paleo Kitchen by Juli Bauer and George Bryant
- Your Personal Paleo Code by Chris Kresser
Books on Emotional Health:
- 8 Minute Meditation: Quiet Your Mind. Change Your Life by Victor Davich
- Brain Over Binge by Kathryn Hansen
- Clutter Busting by Brooks Palmer
- Intuitive Eating by Evelyn Tribole
- Mind Over Medicine by Lissa Rankin, M.D.
Other Books I Like:
Online Shopping and Recommended Products:
- My Amazon store featuring my favorite book and products.
- Booda Butter: great for dry hands and hair – no affiliation.
- Dr. Fuhrman supplements – click my link to get free shipping (includes an affiliate link).
- Max Sesame Tahini Spread: this is the only brand I am aware of that is made from raw, unhulled and sprouted sesame seeds for maximum nutritional value (I have no affiliation with this company and I’ve had some issues with shipping recently, so buyer beware).
- Montana Gluten-Free Oats: I order the organic, PrOatina version (includes my Amazon.com link)
- Mountain Rose Herbs: I buy bulk teas, essential oils, herbs, and spices from this Oregon-based company (includes an affiliate link)..
- Nature’s Garden nutritional yeast: this is the brand is not fortified with folic acid (I have no affiliation with this company).
- Sunwarrior Natural Protein Powder: a great plant-based option with no added sugars or fortifications (includes an affiliate link).
- Unpasteurized almonds from Briden Wilson Farm (I have no affiliation, I just really like ordering from this family farm).
- Vitacost.com: Use this link for $10 off if you’re a new customer (I have no affiliate link with Vitacost, but I find it to be an economical and convenient way to order supplies).
- Vital Choice for wild salmon (includes an affiliate link)
- Carrie on Living Amazon Store: http://astore.amazon.com/caronveg-20
- Chris Kresser website: http://chriskresser.com
- Dr. Fuhrman’s website: http://www.drfuhrman.com/
- Emotional Brain Training: http://www.ebt.org
- Fat Burning Man: http://fatburningman.com
- Fooducate: http://www.fooducate.com
- Nutrition Facts (Dr. Greger): http://nutritionfacts.org/
- Sprout People: https://sproutpeople.org
Guest Posts, Articles & Interviews by Carrie (listed starting from the most recent):
- “5 Tips for Living Toxin-Free,” published on the Made to Glow website in December, 2013.
- Guest post, “Raw Strawberry Tart for Warm Weather,” on Stone Soup blog for Food & Nutrition Magazine of the Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics. Published in April, 2013.
- Featured in The Huffington Post article, “Diabetic Dessert Recipes: 13 Diabetes-Friendly Cakes, Cookies, and More” on February 25, 2013.
- Guest post, “How to Make a Green Smoothie,” on Stone Soup blog for Food & Nutrition Magazine of the Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics. Published on February 6, 2013.
- Interview with Dr. Michael Greger of NutritionFacts.org from May, 2012. Published on the Our Hen House blog.
- Book review of Staying Healthy in the Fast Lane: 9 Simple Steps to Optimal Health by Kirk Hamilton from May, 2012. Published on the Our Hen House blog.
- Book review of Super Immunity by Joel Fuhrman, M.D., from January, 2012. Published on the Our Hen House blog.
- “Book Review on Healthy Eating, Health World“ by J. Morris Hicks from November, 2011. Published on the Our Hen House blog.