These are some of my favorite resources for healthy, balanced living. Please note that some of the links include affiliate codes so if you make purchases, I get a small referral commission. Thank you for your support!
Appliances & Products (you can see them all in my Amazon store here):
- Dehydrator: Sedona Express from Tribest
- Fitbit Flex with Sleep Tracker
- Food Processor: Breville Sous Chef
- Hand Immersion Blender: Hamilton-Beach version
- High-Speed Blender: Blendtec, I have the Stealth/Professional 800 model
- Juicer: Omega masticating version
- Yogurt Maker: Euro-Cuisine
- Pressure Cooker: Cuisinart electric version
- Rice Cooker: Tiger programmable version
- Slow-Cooker: Cuisinart 3 1/2-Quart Slow-Cooker
- Sprouter: Victorio Easy Sprouter
Books & Cookbooks:
- Nourishing Traditions: The Cookbook that Challenges Politically Correct Nutrition and the Diet Dictocrats by Sally Fallon and Mary Enig
- Simple Green Smoothies: 100+ Tasty Recipes to Lose Weight, Gain Energy, and Feel Great in Your Body by Jen Hansard and Jadah Sellner
- Super Immunity: The Essential Nutrition Guide for Boosting Your Body’s Defenses to Live Longer, Stronger, and Disease Free by Joel Fuhrman, M.D.
- The Paleo Approach: Reverse Autoimmune Disease and Heal Your Body by Sarah Ballantyne and Robb Wolf
- The Primal Blueprint: Reprogram your genes for effortless weight loss, vibrant health, and boundless energy by Mark Sisson
- The Paleo Cure: Eat Right for Your Genes, Body Type, and Personal Health Needs — Prevent and Reverse Disease, Lose Weight Effortlessly, and Look and Feel Better than Ever by Chris Kresser
Books on Emotional Health:
- 8 Minute Meditation: Quiet Your Mind. Change Your Life by Victor Davich
- A Mind of Your Own: The Truth About Depression and How Women Can Heal Their Bodies to Reclaim Their Lives by Kelly Brogan, M.D.
- Clutter Busting by Brooks Palmer
- Intuitive Eating by Evelyn Tribole
- Moody Bitches: The Truth About the Drugs You’re Taking, the Sleep You’re Missing, the Sex You’re Not Having by Julie Holland, M.D.
- The Power of Rest: Why Sleep Alone Is Not Enough. A 30-Day Plan to Reset Your Body by Matthew Edlund, M.D.
- The Primal Connection: Follow Your Genetic Blueprint to Health and Happiness by Mark Sisson
- Women, Food, and Desire: Embrace Your Cravings, Make Peace with Food, Reclaim Your Body by Alexandra Jamieson
Online Shopping and Recommended Products:
- My Amazon store featuring my favorite book and products.
- Blendtec high-speed blender
- Bulletproof products from UpgradedSelf.com (includes an affiliate link)
- Dr. Fuhrman’s line of supplements (includes an affiliate link, click through for free shipping with orders over $50).
- Full Circle Bison Ranch (no affiliation, but this is a farmer I trust).
- iHerb.com (use this link for $5 off your first order)
- Mountain Rose Herbs: I buy bulk teas, essential oils, herbs, and spices from this Oregon-based company (includes an affiliate link).
- Otto’s cassava flour, my all-time favorite flour for baking (nut- and gluten-free, paleo- and vegan-friendly (includes an affiliate link).
- Vitacost.com for many, many food and beauty products (includes a $10 coupon for new customers).
- Vital Choice for wild salmon, sardines, and krill oil (includes an affiliate link).
- Vital Proteins collagen supplements (includes an affiliate link).
Other Health & Nutrition Websites/Podcasts:
- Bulletproof Radio: https://www.bulletproofexec.com
- Chris Kresser website: http://chriskresser.com
- Dr. Fuhrman
- Dr. Mercola: http://www.mercola.com
- On Diet & Health (Beverly Meyer): http://www.ondietandhealth.com
- The Ancestral RDs: http://theancestralrds.com
Interview, guest posts, etc.:
- Interview with Carrie about the evolution of my blog on the website Katering for Veggies, March, 2016