These are some of my favorite resources for healthy, balanced living. Please note that some of the links include affiliate codes so if you make purchases, I get a small referral commission. Thank you for your support!
Appliances & Products (you can see them all in my Amazon store here):
- Dehydrator: Excalibur Dehydrator
- Fitbit Flex with Sleep Tracker
- Food Processor: Breville Sous Chef
- Hand Immersion Blender: Hamilton-Beach version
- High-Speed Blender: Blendtec, I have the Stealth/Professional 800 model
- Juicer: Omega masticating version
- Yogurt Maker: Euro-Cuisine
- Pressure Cooker: Cuisinart electric version
- Rice Cooker: Tiger programmable version
- Slow-Cooker: Cuisinart 3 1/2-Quart Slow-Cooker
- Sprouter: Victorio Easy Sprouter
- Empowered Sustenance: http://empoweredsustenance.com
- The Balanced Blonde: http://www.theblondevegan.com
- Wellness Mama: http://www.wellnessmama.com
- Yoga by Candace: http://www.yogabycandace.com
Books & Cookbooks:
- Eat the Yolks by Liz Wolfe
- Keto Clarity: Your Definitive Guide to the Benefits of a Low-Carb, High-Fat Diet by Jimmy Moore
- The Bulletproof Diet: Lose up to a Pound a Day, Reclaim Energy and Focus, Upgrade Your Life by Dave Asprey
- The Low Carb Dietitian’s Guide to Health and Beauty: How a Whole-Foods, Low-Carbohydrate Lifestyle Can Help You Look and Feel Better Than Ever by Franziska Spritzler
- Nourishing Traditions: The Cookbook that Challenges Politically Correct Nutrition and the Diet Dictocrats by Sally Fallon and Mary Enig
- Nutrient Power: Heal Your Biochemistry and Heal Your Brain by William J. Walsh, Ph.D.
- Perfect Health Diet: Regain Health and Lose Weight by Eating the Way You Were Meant to Eat by Paul Jaminet, Ph.D. and Shou-Ching Jaminet, Ph.D.
- Super Immunity: The Essential Nutrition Guide for Boosting Your Body’s Defenses to Live Longer, Stronger, and Disease Free by Joel Fuhrman, M.D.
- The Big Fat Surprise: Why Butter, Meat and Cheese Belong in a Healthy Diet by Nina Teicholz
- The Keto Beginning e-book from the Healthful Pursuit website
- The Primal Blueprint: Reprogram your genes for effortless weight loss, vibrant health, and boundless energy by Mark Sisson
- The Primal Connection: Follow Your Genetic Blueprint to Health and Happiness by Mark Sisson
- Your Personal Paleo Code by Chris Kresser
Books on Emotional Health:
- 8 Minute Meditation: Quiet Your Mind. Change Your Life by Victor Davich
- Clutter Busting by Brooks Palmer
- Intuitive Eating by Evelyn Tribole
- Mind Over Medicine by Lissa Rankin, M.D.
- Women, Food, and Desire: Embrace Your Cravings, Make Peace with Food, Reclaim Your Body by Alexandra Jamieson
Online Shopping and Recommended Products:
- My Amazon store featuring my favorite book and products.
- Blendtec high-speed blender
- Bulletproof products from UpgradedSelf.com (includes an affiliate link)
- Dr. Fuhrman’s line of supplements (includes an affiliate link).
- Full Circle Bison Ranch (no affiliation, but this is a farmer I trust).
- Mountain Rose Herbs: I buy bulk teas, essential oils, herbs, and spices from this Oregon-based company (includes an affiliate link).
- Precision Xtra NFR Blood Glucose Monitoring System (also measures ketone bodies)
- Unpasteurized almonds from Briden Wilson Farm (I have no affiliation, I just really like ordering from this family farm).
- Vitacost.com for many, many food and beauty products (includes a $10 coupon for new customers).
- Vital Choice for wild salmon, sardines, and krill oil (includes an affiliate link).
- Vital Proteins collagen supplements (includes an affiliate link).
Other Health & Nutrition Websites/Podcasts:
- Bulletproof Diet: https://www.bulletproofexec.com
- Chris Kresser website: http://chriskresser.com
- Dr. Fuhrman: http://drfuhrman.com
- Dr. Mercola: http://www.mercola.com
- Fat Burning Man: http://fatburningman.com
- Living La Vida Low-Carb podcasts with Jimmy Moore
- The Ancestral RDs: http://theancestralrds.com
- Podcast episodes:
- Wellness Mama with PCOS expert Alisa Vitti: http://wellnessmama.com/podcast/wm017-reversing-infertility-pcos/
- PCOS Diva with Felice Gersh, M.D. and a discussion of dietary choices and PCOS, plus information on alternative testing.