I’ve mentioned before that one of the ways that I show my love for others is to cook for them, and this No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie is one of my favorite, easy recipes:
You’ll see in the printable recipe notes that you can use either gluten-free oats or coconut in the crust. The oats make it lower in fat, but the coconut will help it bind, so it’s a trade-off:
Here is the recipe:Print
No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie
This is an easy recipe for a pie that requires no baking! If you want to ensure that the crust will stick together, you can replace half or all of the oats with dried, unsweetened coconut shreds. Otherwise, the oats will be a lower-fat option, but the crust won’t hold up as nicely.
- Yield: 8-10
- Category: Dessert
- For the crust:
- 2 cups raw, unsalted almonds
- 1 cup rolled oats (use gluten-free if you need to)
- 1 1/2 cups medjool dates, pitted (about 15 total)
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- For the filling:
- 12 ounces silken tofu
- 1/2 cup no sugar added strawberry preserves
- 1 cup medjool dates, pitted (about 10 total)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsalted natural peanut butter
- To make the crust, place almonds in the bowl of a food processor. Process on high for 30 seconds until almonds are finely ground. Add oats to the almonds in the food processor and process for another 15 seconds or until both ingredients are finely ground.
- With the processor running, add the dates one at a time or until all three ingredients are combined. Pulse in the water to moisten.
- Use a spatula to pour the ingredients into a pie dish and use your hands to press the mixture evenly in the dish, including up the sides. Put the crust in the refrigerator to set while you make the filling.
- To make the filling, combine the tofu, strawberry preserves, dates, vanilla extract, and peanut butter in a high-speed blender and process until smooth.
- Pour the filling mixture into the pie crust and use a spatula to smooth. Let the pie set in the refrigerator for at least two hours before serving.
P.S. I also have a Carrie on Living Amazon affiliate store where I list all of my favorite beauty items, kitchen devices, books, and other cool stuff that supports my lifestyle. Your purchase of any item on Amazon helps support my blog so thank you in advance!