Aaaaaand, just like that, I’m starting to see signs of the fall season. Labor Day is right around the corner, and that always marks the transition of summer-to-fall for me (back in the day when I was a student, school started the day after Labor Day, never before).
No matter the season, I’m always on the hunt for potluck-friendly salad recipes that can act as a main dish, if need be. After traveling in meat-centric Europe for several weeks this summer, I’ve been loving some lighter, plant-based meals lately, too.
Any dish that starts with broccoli and carrot slaw is most definitely healthy in my book:
This salad is as easy as mixing together the cooked lentil pasta and the slaw:
Plus, I’ve added toasted pine nuts, extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Toasting pine nuts is as easy as pouring them into a dry skillet and letting them warm up on low heat for 3-4 minutes:
Ta-da! A super easy end-of-summer-salad for these last busy days of the season:
Here’s my printable recipe:Print
Lemony Lentil Pasta Salad
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6
- Category: Salad
- 12 ounces lentil pasta, prepared according to the package directions (I used the green lentil ziti type from Tolerant foods, similar to this one)
- 1 12-ounce bag broccoli and carrot slaw, processed into small pieces, if desired
- 3 tablespoons currants
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- Toss the lentil pasta with the broccoli and carrot slaw, along with the currants, toasted pine nuts, olive oil, and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve this salad cold or at room temperature.
Pin this recipe for later!
Let’s stay connected by e-mail! Sign up here to receive my weekly newsletter with all kinds of fresh recipes and inspiration.