If you’re looking for easy, dairy-free milk options, these cashew milk recipes are just about as good as it gets!
Unlike almonds, cashews only need a very quick soak and rinse to get them ready for blending:
After that, they get combined with water for a quick blend (read my comparison of the Vitamix and the Blendtec) and NO STRAINING!!!:
Cashew milk is also super versatile in that it can be used as a base for savory or sweet recipes.
You know me, I have a sweet tooth, so adding some brazil nuts and carob powder makes for an uber-chocolate-y milk that you can use to make homemade vegan fudgesicles (feel free to use cocoa powder if you prefer):
I like using a blend of cashews and hemp seeds for green smoothie bases:
You might have noticed that all of these nuts and seeds come from NOW Foods. The folks there sent me a big batch of options as part of this sponsored post (all opinions are my own). Note: you can buy raw, organic cashews by NOW either on the company website or through Amazon.com:
For the simplest of cashew milk recipes, here’s the basic one that is perfect for pairing with breakfast cereals or as a base for dairy-free soups or dressings:Print
Basic Cashew Milk
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 1 min
- Total Time: 31 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Category: Beverage
- 1 cup organic cashews, soaked for 30 minutes in filtered water, rinsed well and drained
- 4 cups filtered water
- Combine the cashews and water in a high-speed blender. Process for about 45 seconds or until completely blended.
- Store the milk in an air-tight container for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
Other easy cashew milk combination ideas:
- 1/2 cup organic cashews + 1/3 cup brazil nuts + 1 tablespoon carob or cocoa powder for a Cashew-Brazil Chocolate Milk or the base of homemade fudgesicles
- 1/2 cup organic cashews + 1/4 cup hemp seeds for a Cashew-Hemp Milk perfect for green smoothies (see my list of recipes)
- 1/2 cup organic cashews + 1/3 cup sunflower or pumpkin seeds for the base of creamy, dairy-free salad dressings
What’s your favorite way to use cashew milk? What other combinations of nuts and seeds do you like for dairy-free milks? Let me know in the comments!
Pin this for later:
Let’s stay connected by e-mail! Sign up here to receive my weekly newsletter with insider information and updates and I’ll send you my “Top 10 Tricks for Making Delicious Green Smoothies”.