These gluten-free Double Chocolate Banana Muffins are that perfect combination of healthy and decadent, not to mention being super easy to make.
So it seems that the upcoming Valentine’s holiday has simply turned into an excuse for me to share chocolate recipes. But, that’s okay, right? Because, chocolate!
I mentioned that these muffins are really easy to make. That’s because I used the help of the Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour I was sent from my friends at NOW Foods (full disclosure: this is a sponsored post; all opinions are my own).
I gussied up the mix with a few other items like cocoa powder, chocolate chips, and spirulina (you know me, I’m always slipping in the superfoods when I can!), and I was soooooo happy with how these turned out:
I linked to all the items I used in the recipe:
- 1 cup Living NOW gluten-free all purpose flour
- ¼ cup NOW Foods organic cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon NOW Foods organic spirulina powder
- ½ cup organic allergen-free dark chocolate chips + 2 tablespoons for topping
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup NOW Foods organic maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon Ellyndale organic vanilla extract
- ¼ cup NOW Foods organic virgin coconut oil, melted
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Spray a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, spirulina, and chocolate chips in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Use a spatula to stir together.
- Next, place the banana, eggs, almond milk, maple syrup, and vanilla extract into a small blender. Process on high until smooth, about 15-20 seconds.
- Pour the mixture from the blender into the dry ingredients, along with the coconut oil. Use your spatula to stir everything together until no lumps remain.
- Use a tablespoon to transfer the batter evenly into the muffin tin. Sprinkle the tops of the muffins with the rest of the chocolate chips.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a fork inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean.
- Let cool and remove carefully from the muffin tin. Serve slightly warm or at room temperature.
What are your Valentine’s Day plans for this year? Alan and I have been together for 19 years this May, so we are waaaayyyy past doing the crowded and over-priced restaurant thing. We’d rather stay home, watch a movie, and eat chocolate, ha!
Pin this image!
Whether you celebrate this holiday or not, I’m sending you lots of love!!!
Join my weekly newsletter list to get all the latest news and recipe links delivered directly to your inbox.
Sign up now and unsubscribe at any time. I will never sell your name or spam you, I promise!