This 3-ingredients dish can be served as a side or main dish option. Everyone loves it because of the hearty and delicious sweet potatoes.
This Kale & Sweet Potato Bake has three real ingredients: kale, sweet potato, and onion. Salt, pepper, and a sprinkle of ground cinnamon and thyme are optional. 🙂
To start, just preheat your oven to 375ºF. Then, peel and chop your sweet potatoes, chop the onion, and kale, and toss it all with your choice of oil:
Pour the ingredients into a baking dish and cook for 45 minutes. It’s that simple:
The printable recipe (plus, be sure to check out the new healthy holiday-themed Pinterest board I created):
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 bunch of curly kale
- 1 medium red onion
- 2 tablespoons pastured organic ghee or coconut oil (melted)
- 1 teaspoon each of ground cinnamon and thyme, optional
- salt and ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Peel and chop the sweet potatoes into approximately 1-inch cubes and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Chop the kale and onion into bite-sized pieces and add to the bowl.
- Pour your choice of melted fat over the mixture and stir to combine.
- Pour ingredients into a baking dish and cook for 45 minutes or until potatoes are fork-tender.
Items recommended for this recipe:
- Le Creuset Stoneware Rectangular Dish in Green (similar to mine), 12.5-Inch by 8.25-Inch
- 100% Organic Ghee from Grass-fed Cows, 32oz
- Nature’s Way Extra Virgin Organic Coconut Oil
- Organic Ground Cinnamon by Frontier
- Simply Organic Thyme Leaf Whole Certified Organic
P.S. I also have a Carrie on Living Amazon affiliate store where I list all of my favorite beauty items, kitchen devices, books, and other cool stuff that supports my lifestyle. Your purchase of any item on Amazon helps support my blog so thank you in advance. Note: there may be some affiliate links within this post.