I was recently inspired to make a batch of Cinnamon Flax Muffins after I was sent a fantastic assortment of organic nuts and seeds from the online healthy products retailer, Puritan’s Pride:
The company is going to send one lucky reader a similar package, so read onto the finish to get the entry link. Also, while I was sent the items pictured above, all opinions are my own…I promise!
Even though it’s still excruciatingly hot here in California, we’ve had a few odd days when the temperatures dip and I can turn on the oven. These muffins are worth it! They are packed with fiber, but tons of flavor and nutrition, too:
I usually add ground flax to my morning green smoothies, but I’m not opposed to eating flax in other recipes, too:
- 1 ½ cups organic ground flax seed
- ½ cup blanched almond flour
- 1 teaspoon organic ground ceylon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon organic extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup organic sweet potato puree, applesauce, or pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs, beaten, or two chia eggs*
- 1 tablespoon raw honey (vegans can substitute maple syrup)
- *Each chia egg is made by stirring together 1 tablespoon of chia seed with 3 tablespoons of water. Let sit for at least 5 minutes before adding to the muffin batter.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine the ground flaxseed, almond flour, cinnamon, and baking powder into a large mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Next, add the sweet potato puree (or applesauce or pumpkin puree), coconut oil, eggs to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse gently to combine.
- Pour the contents of the food processor into the mixing bowl with the dry ingredients and use a large spatula to stir together. Use a tablespoon to place the batter into each well of the muffin tin.
- Bake for 35 minutes and let muffins cool slightly before serving.
And, here’s the giveaway link to win the same (or similar) sampler pack of organic nuts and seeds (all restrictions apply, open to eligible residents of the continental U.S.):
P.S. I also have a Carrie on Living Amazon affiliate store where I list all of my favorite beauty items, kitchen devices, books, and other cool stuff that supports my lifestyle. Your purchase of any item on Amazon helps support my blog so thank you in advance!