It’s a short week on account of the holiday, so here’s a quick blended soup recipe that is super easy to make, especially if you have any cooked sweet potatoes on hand.
I prepped and steamed about four cups of broccoli for this recipe, and that was the only real time-consuming part:
My trusty Blendtec made this on the “soup” function, but it only takes 90 seconds total in a high-speed blender to blend into a puree. If you want to serve it piping hot, you’ll probably need to blend it an extra minute or two, though.
By the way, did you know that the Blendtec website has factory refurbished models available for under $300? I realize it’s a big investment, but having a high-speed blender has been transformative for my healthy kitchen. As you may recall from my review post, I’m an affiliate with the company and believe it’s an outstanding product.
The ingredients for this soup are probably ones you have in your fridge: broccoli florets, sweet potato, onions, lemon juice, healthy fats, and turmeric (dried or fresh). The fresh turmeric looks like so…isn’t it a pretty shade of orange?
I wanted to mention that I’ve been buying a brand of organic, pastured ghee from a company called Ancient Organics (review and giveaway coming soon!!!). As noted in the recipe below, you could always substitute avocado for the ghee if you prefer:
- 4 cups fresh steamed broccoli florets (feel free to use the stems, too)
- 1 large cooked sweet potato, skin removed and discarded
- ½” knob of fresh turmeric root (or 1 teaspoon, ground turmeric)
- 2 tablespoons, organic, pastured ghee or your choice of healthy fat (1/2 of a large avocado works too!)
- 1 tablespoon MCT or coconut oil (if using coconut oil, melt it first)
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt, or, to taste
- green onions, chopped, for topping (you can also steam them with the broccoli if you prefer. I like them better that way because they aren't as potent)
- Combine the steamed broccoli, sweet potato, turmeric, ghee (or avocado), oil, lemon juice, and salt into the pitcher of a high-speed blender.
- Process on high or until ingredients are smooth (about 90 seconds).
- Serve warm, with green onions on top.
This recipe makes enough for two big servings or four small ones:
P.S. I also have a Carrie on Living Amazon affiliate store where I list all of my favorite beauty items, kitchen devices, books, and other cool stuff that supports my lifestyle. Your purchase of any item on Amazon helps support my blog so thank you in advance!