Healthy Vegan Friday Recipe Winners

Happy Healthy Vegan Friday to you! I’m excited to share with you the results of our weekly link-up party where bloggers share their best healthy, plant-based recipes.

Here were the favorites, as based on the number of “likes” received:

1. Carrot Cake Overnight Oats from The Womble:

Carrot Cake Overnight Oats from The Womble

2. Pecan Chai Spice Bars from Vegan Heritage Press Blog:

Pecan Chai Spice Bars from Vegan Heritage Press Blog

3. Bear-y Good Oats from My Sister’s Pantry:

Bear-y Good Oats from My Sister's Pantry

My favorites (my criteria includes recipes that are low in oil, salt, and added sugars):

1. Recipe I Most Want to Make ASAP – Smoky Fiesta Black Bean Tamales from Vedged Out:

Smoky Fiesta Black Bean Tamales from Vedged Out

2. Most Inspiring Avocado Recipe – Loaded Guaco Garbanzo Salad from Gluten-Free Cat:

Loaded Guaco Garbanzo Salad from Gluten-Free Cat

3. Most Beautiful Healthy Dessert – Raw Peach Tart from The Healthy Family and Home:

Raw Peach Tart from The Healthy Family and Home

Honorable Mentions:

1. Easiest Healthy Soup – Vitamix Tortilla Soup from My Healthy Chef:

Vitamix Tortilla Soup from My Healthy Chef

2. Most Drool-Worthy Dessert – Date and Peanut Butter Truffles from The Fussiest Eater:

Date and Peanut Butter Truffles from The Fussiest Eater

There you have it! I don’t know about you, but I’m ready to eat now. :)

Be sure to add your recipe to next week’s round-up using the link at the end of this post (scroll past the thumbnails and you’ll see the prompt).

Conclusion:

I appreciate your patience this summer as I decreased my blogging frequency from 3x a week to Tuesdays and Fridays. My masters degree project is starting to wind down; I have my final presentation on August 5th (woo-hoo!). After that is finished, I’d love to go back to my Monday, Wednesday, Friday schedule.

I should also tell you that a lot of work is happening behind the scenes on my recipe app, Vegan Delish. I am preparing for a software update to fix little bugs that have revealed themselves over time. I’ve also been hand-selecting recipes from contributors to expand the number of offerings; this is probably the most exciting development of the app and the next phase of its growth.

Just so you know, the price to download Vegan Delish is $2.99, but once you buy it, you get forever access to all of the new recipes that are added. I will be raising the price in time, so you might want to consider getting it now to reap the rewards of all the updates and new offerings. You do need an iPhone or iPad to download the app, here is the link.

Here’s a sampler of some of my favorite dessert recipes available on the app. They are all date-sweetened using whole-food ingredients:

Dessert sampler from Vegan Delish.

Note: I’ve had a lot of interest in an Android version of Vegan Delish and it could be on the to-do list depending on the continued success of the Apple version. I will keep you updated. I do very much appreciate your interest and support.

Until next week, feel free to connect with me on FacebookTwitterPinterestInstagram, or Google+. As always, thank you for reading and I’m wishing you the best for a wonderful, healthy weekend!

Comments

Open letter to all Carrie’s followers: the app is totally worth $2.99. GET ON IT.

Love,
    Maggie

(whenever I get kale, I make the almond butter kale recipe as soon as possible because it is my FAVORITE way to eat kale)

hello friend! I feel very accomplished today, not only am I participating in HVF again (finally, sorry!), but I also bought Vegan Delish and have been poking around on my iPad – SO VERY COOL!

good luck to you with your presentation, I’ll be rooting for you from Portland! XO

Thanks Kristina!!! I’d love to feature some of your gorgeous recipes on the app, I’ll be in touch. Thanks for the download and I hope you have fun playing with it. Have a great weekend. :)

Good Morning Lovely Ladies,

I hope this Friday finds you all well., Thank you for hosting.

This week I am sharing my homemade organic roasted almond butter (with raw option), and raw peppermint patties with vegan option.

Have a great weekend.

xo,
    –Amber

4. Rob Jackson says

Carrie,

Do you know anything about the NutriBullet blender? I just heard it mentioned in a podcast and Googled it. To me, it seems the Vitamix or Blendtec blenders would eat its lunch—and breakfast, and dinner.

* NutriBullet: 600 watt motor
    * Vitamix: 1,500 watt motor (approximate)
    * Blendtec: 1,500 watt motor (approximate)

The NutriBullet does seem easier to clean. But, the rest mostly seems like marketing hype.

Thanks for any feedback.

Sincerely,
    Rob

Hi Rob! I watched the infomercial in the past about the Nutribullet and it looks pretty cool. I would consider one to take along for road trips, but, in my experience, nothing comes close to the Vitamix or Blendtec. That said, it really depends on your needs. If you are making lots of green smoothies and nut-based creams and sauces, then for sure step up and pay the extra $$$. If you’re not really into that, then just get a decent blender, Nutribullet or otherwise.

5. Christina Larocque says

My boyfriend and I are experimenting with eating vegan, and I’m having so much fun cooking! It’s great to find pages like this where I can try things I wouldn’t have even known about!

I immediately went and bought your app. I have to say – it’s a lot better than most other cooking apps, vegan or not. I really appreciate the notes you have in the intro about what size ingredient to use; I hate getting part way into a recipe before discovering that the author’s version of ‘1 large onion’ is really more like 1 tiny onion or something.

Thanks so much! I look forward to using some of your recipes!

Thanks so much for the note, Christina! I’m so happy to hear that you like Vegan Delish and are finding it useful on your journey. Yes, please do stay tuned for more recipes and inspiration. :)