Roasted Garlic Hummus

Roasted Garlic Hummus from Carrie on Living | www.carrieonliving.com

This was a super easy recipe that I made using roasted garlic. To make the garlic, you just cut off the top of the bulb, wrap it in foil and bake at 400 degrees F for 30 minutes. You’ll end up with fragrant, sweet garlic that is fantastic for salad dressings or bean dips like my hummus:

Roasted Garlic Hummus from Carrie on Living | www.carrieonliving.com

I used my food processor to blend chickpeas, roasted garlic, lemon juice, tahini and pepper:

Roasted Garlic Hummus from Carrie on Living | www.carrieonliving.com

Ta-da!

Roasted Garlic Hummus from Carrie on Living | www.carrieonliving.com

Here’s the printable recipe:

Roasted Garlic Hummus

Author:
Recipe type: Side Dish
Serves: 4
Ingredients
  • 2 cups cooked or canned garbanzo beans
  • 8 cloves roasted garlic (see instructions below)
  • 1 cup lemon juice
  • 2 tablespoons unsalted tahini
  • ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Instructions
  1. To make roasted garlic, use a sharp knife to slice off the top ½″ of a garlic bulb, exposing the cloves. Wrap loosely in foil and bake in a 400° F oven for 30 minutes or until fragrant. Set garlic aside to cool.
  2. Combine chickpeas, garlic, lemon juice, tahini, and ground pepper in a food processor and process until combined, leaving a slightly chunky texture.

My goal is to provide inspiration for healthy, balanced living. You can find more links on my Recipes and Resources pages.

I’d love to have you follow me on my social media accounts, too @carrieonliving: FacebookInstagramPinterest, and Twitter

P.S. I also have a Carrie on Living Amazon affiliate store where I list all of my favorite beauty items, kitchen devices, books, and other cool stuff that supports my lifestyle. Your purchase of any item on Amazon helps support my blog so thank you in advance!

Comments

[ Smiles ] I will be honest with you, Carrie. I have never had roasted garlic hummus; I will save this recipe, so I can try it whenever I muster sufficient courage.

What a lemony hummus. I love it! When I did my sweetener-free challenge, I substituted with nuts. Now that I have my sweet cravings under control, my nut consumption has also mellowed out. I think it is a good idea to add fat and protein in if you remove sweets. :)

3. Kerry Cloud-Pitt says

I started Monday after being in a real low energy place. A day and a half into the challenge, I was feeling such light again! The timing of this group support could not be better. Thank you so much for organizing it. I am so grateful. If you have the time, squeeze the skins off the chickpeas before you blend them (yeah, who is a food geek enough to do that? meeee!). You won’t believe the silky smoothness of your hummus. :)

4. Jill in Chicago says

Hi Carrie! In the pre-blended photo of hummus ingredients, your tahini looks so creamy! What brand do you use, and did you warm it before adding it to your food processor? I store my jar in the fridge and it gets pretty solid. (Maybe I need to let it get to room temp or warm it before using…)

Oh my favourite day! I love all the meal ideas for the week =)
    That hummus you made sounds divine!
    Glad your challenge is going well… I blew the first day, but I’ve been strong since!

6. Courtney says

I love roasted garlic! Is the 1 cup of lemon juice a typo, though? That seems like a LOT of lemon juice! I love lemon, though, so I will give it a try…

Hi Courtney! You can def start with less lemon juice, but since I didn’t use any salt, I thought the juice gave it a nice flavor. Let me know what you think!

Hellooo!

My first healthy vegan Friday entry, wohooo, I’m excited :-)

So I thought I’d share some Almond Toasties (bread rolls thingies) and the heavenly creamy Cinnamon Spread I made today.

Greetings from blustery Cornwall (UK)
    Sandra (candidadietplan.com)