This was a super easy recipe that I made using roasted garlic. To make the garlic, you just cut off the top of the bulb, wrap it in foil and bake at 400 degrees F for 30 minutes. You’ll end up with fragrant, sweet garlic that is fantastic for salad dressings or bean dips like my hummus:
I used my food processor to blend chickpeas, roasted garlic, lemon juice, tahini and pepper:
Here’s the printable recipe:
- 2 cups cooked or canned garbanzo beans
- 8 cloves roasted garlic (see instructions below)
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted tahini
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- To make roasted garlic, use a sharp knife to slice off the top ½″ of a garlic bulb, exposing the cloves. Wrap loosely in foil and bake in a 400° F oven for 30 minutes or until fragrant. Set garlic aside to cool.
- Combine chickpeas, garlic, lemon juice, tahini, and ground pepper in a food processor and process until combined, leaving a slightly chunky texture.
My goal is to provide inspiration for healthy, balanced living. You can find more links on my Recipes and Resources pages.
P.S. I also have a Carrie on Living Amazon affiliate store where I list all of my favorite beauty items, kitchen devices, books, and other cool stuff that supports my lifestyle. Your purchase of any item on Amazon helps support my blog so thank you in advance!