Good morning and hi there. This is the last Friday of January, how did that happen? I know many of you live in places where the weather is truly awful right now (I can’t complain, the mild winters in California are one of the million reasons why I live here). Do you have any fun plans to get your through until spring? I’m planning a visit to San Francisco at the end of March and then I’ll be going to Portland in May and San Diego in June. I am looking forward to those adventures.
In the meantime, Fridays are something special and I love our weekly recipe link-up party, Healthy Vegan Fridays. We got a great response this week, we had over 50 entries (you can see them all here)!
As determined by the number of clicks on each recipe, the top three were:
1. Why I Stopped Drinking Green Smoothies from Katherine @ Green Thickies:
2. Quinoa Brownies with Peanut Butter Frosting from Corinne @ RI Nutritional House Calls:
3. Donut Muffins from Erin @ Sift, Stir & Devour:
Congrats, ladies, on posting these fantastic entries.
Here are some of my fave recipes from last week. I am so hungry now!
1. Most Tempting Dessert – Mint Chocolate Chip Trifle from Almonds & Avocados:
2. Easiest Healthy Dinner – Three Bean Tomato & Spinach Stew from Cooking with Siri:
3. Most Inspiring Smoothie – Spirulina Blueberry Smoothie from Eat to the Beet:
Thank you to everyone who participated, I loved seeing all of these healthy, vegan options; you inspire me with your creativity.
If you are a blogger who wants to join our party, here are the rules. You’ll find the link-up button at the end of this post.
Recipe Link-Up Submission Guidelines:
- Maximum of 2 submissions per week
- You do not have to be a vegan food blogger to link up, but all recipes must be 100% vegan.
- All recipe submissions should focus on the most whole, unprocessed and unrefined ingredients as much as possible, although we will still accept recipes that make use of some processed/refined ingredients.
- You may submit current or past recipes, just make sure they are not ones that you have shared previously on this blog hop.
- Besides recipes, feel free to submit informative posts that are aimed at promoting vegan, plant-based diets.
- You must provide a link back to this blog party on your submitted post. You can either grab our badge to display or a clickable link back somewhere on the post you are submitting.
- When linking up, please make sure to link back to the post you are submitting, not the homepage of your blog.
You may recall that Gabby and I are searching for a new co-host for Healthy Vegan Fridays and we’re currently reviewing the applications that were submitted. We are so blown away by the quality of the bloggers who want to join us and we hope to make a decision this weekend and make an announcement next Friday.
Before I wrap up today’s post, I am doing an awesome, awesome giveaway from one of my favorite companies, Vega. I rarely do product giveaways anymore since it’s hard to find packaged foods with healthful ingredients, but the Vega products are among my favorites.
The impetus for this review and giveaway is the new program coming from Vega and Brendan Brazier called Thrive Forward. The program is a free educational series of videos, lessons, recipes and challenges. As you guys know, I’m committed to Dr. Fuhrman’s Eat to Live program because I find it to be the most scientific and powerful for disease prevention and reversal, but I love taking information from other players like Brendan, Kris Carr, Michael Greger, M.D. and Neal Barnard, M.D., just to name a few.
Vega sent me this prize pack to sample and they’re offering to send one of you lucky readers one, too!
Vega Giveaway requirements:
(Editor’s note: this giveaway is now closed).
1. Visit the Thrive Forward website here and watch the introductory video.
2. Then, sign up to receive e-mails from the program and leave me a comment on this post saying you did so (we’ll be on the honor system).
I’ll select the winner on Wednesday, January 30th, U.S. and Canadian residents only, please.
Good luck and have a wonderful weekend, friends. 🙂