My Vegan Outing & Peach Freeze

I’m so glad that many of you are on your own clutter-busting journey and enjoyed my interview with Brooks Palmer, the de-cluttering guru! Don’t miss your chance to win a signed copy of his new book here.

I have been getting rid of things left and right at my house for the past several days as Alan and I get ready to put it on the market. It’s hard work and sometimes emotional, but it is at the same time like getting rid of a burden. We had both collected and held on to so many things that we weren’t using anymore and, fortunately, we both are committed to letting things go now and living more in the present moment.

I took breaks often this past weekend during my work to make healthy, sustaining meals. We even hit one of our favorite vegan cafes on Saturday while we were out doing errands. The restaurant was a quiet respite:

I ordered a big salad with tahini dressing and beans:

Alan had the Peace Plate with rice and several different options like an eggplant dish, curry and a salad:

I couldn’t resist the dessert case full of whole-food, raw, gluten-free options:

I chose the Chocolate Love Pie. Loved:

I continue to be amazed by how delicious and sustaining plant food can be, from salads to entrees to desserts.

The next day, I was reviewing my freezer contents and came across a giant bag of organic peaches from Costco. I made a Peach Freeze after lunch. I started with some homemade almond milk made by blending 1/2 cup of soaked almonds with 2 cups of water:

I then added about 2 cups of frozen peaches, shredded coconut, vanilla extract and some sweetener (you could use dates):

This was a thick, frothy concoction that I thoroughly enjoyed:

Here’s the recipe:

Other activities this weekend included a walk on the beach, several naps, fighting an ant infestation, talking to my sister on the phone, several trips to Trader Joe’s to snag boxes and bags for packing and a trip to the farmers’ market.

What is something fun and/or productive you did this weekend?

Enjoy your Monday and I’ll see you back here on Wednesday
Thursday.

Comments

1. glenda says

Last night I decluttered my IPad, deleting old files, emails, apps I dont use. Even things you dont see need decluttering every so often. Carrie, Im guessing you live in Morro Bay from thst last pix. ???

2. Paula says

My husband & I took out the ATV’s and hit a trail not far from the house. At the end of the trail is a good mexican place where I had an incredible veggie burrito. The nicest thing is this place serves these with tons a veggies in a plain red sauce. No cheese or sour cream to ruin it and it is always served with a side of black beans. I just love them! It is nice when a place serves food this way without having to request it!

I was totally inspired by your last post and ended up purging 4 garbage bags full of clothes then reorganized my clothes closet and dresser drawers. It felt so good, I’m going to work my way through the house :)

Super awesome looking meals. Yum, that chocolate pie. And the peach freeze looks like a perfect warm weather treat.

What a smoothie! Sounds like an amazing treat!

I know what you mean about being amazing by whole-plant based foods- eating is an adventure every time and I’m always surprised how good simple foods can taste :)

Awwww, thanks for the nomination, you made my day! Also, let me know how the Peach Freeze turns out, I love getting feedback on my recipes. :)

5. Wendy F says

Do we get to know where the restaurant is for those of of that live in the same county? It looks like a place I’d like to check out. The food looks incredible.

6. Wendy F says

OK, I see, Bliss cafe in SLO. Should have known. I have only had their food at farmer’s market and other events, not in the restaurant. Will have to try for a meal.