I wanted to share this recipe with you for Cinnamon Chickpea Crispies that I learned about on the Dr. Fuhrman section of the Dr. Oz show this week. The recipe featured on the show was for Italian Chickpea Popcorn, but I made a slightly different version.
I started with one can of garbanzo beans (also called chickpeas) that I drained, rinsed and put in a medium bowl. I then poured some coconut oil over them along with some cinnamon and dried herbs:
I then poured them onto a baking sheet and cooked them for 45 minutes at 350 degrees:
“Popcorn” is a pretty good description of the final product, they get really crunchy and delicate. I decided to call my version Cinnamon Chickpea Crispies.
Here is the recipe:
- 1 (15-ounce) can of garbanzo beans or 1½ cups, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (liquified)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon no-salt seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine garbanzo beans, coconut oil, cinnamon, garlic powder and no-salt seasoning in a medium bowl and stir to combine.
- Pour onto a baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes, stirring once during cooking. Sprinkle with salt when finished and serve hot or at room temperature.
I will be making these again!
P.S. I also have a Carrie on Living Amazon affiliate store where I list all of my favorite beauty items, kitchen devices, books, and other cool stuff that supports my lifestyle. Your purchase of any item on Amazon helps support my blog so thank you in advance!