Last week I wrote about a new version of avocado pudding that I had made using frozen blueberries. I tried it again yesterday and measured out the ingredients so I could put a recipe for you guys. Dang, this is good! I have to restrain myself from making this pudding everyday, it is admittedly fairly rich from the avocados. For an occasional treat, though, this is really delicious and the texture is divine. I tested the recipe using a sweetener, ZSweet, but it can also be made using dates, it’s your choice (ZSweet is made using erythritol which is the only sweetener that Dr. Michael Greger dubs as “harmless” in this video).
I used a high-speed blender to make the pudding, but it could be made in a food processor if you soaked the dates first and did a lot of scraping down of the sides of the bowl. I find it much easier to pile the ingredients in the Vitamix:
- 2 medium ripe avocados
- 1 cup frozen blueberries (plus a few extra for topping)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 12.3 oz. box of silken tofu
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 15-20 large dates or ½ cup + 2 tablespoons granulated ZSweet
- ¼ cup unsweetened soymilk
- cacao nibs (optional, for topping)
- In a high-speed blender, combine avocados, blueberries, vanilla, tofu, cocoa powder, dates, and soy milk. Process until smooth, using the tamper if necessary to blend.
- Top with cacao nibs, if desired.
My goal is to provide inspiration for healthy, balanced living. You can find more links on my Recipes and Resources pages.
P.S. I also have a Carrie on Living Amazon affiliate store where I list all of my favorite beauty items, kitchen devices, books, and other cool stuff that supports my lifestyle.