Peanut Butter Banana Soft-Serve

Want to know how I made Peanut Butter Banana Soft-Serve? Read on to the end! :)

This week saw me blogging daily for the third week in a row, yay! It finally dawned on me that if I wanted people to take my blog seriously, then I would have to take it seriously myself. I now find myself thinking about my blog all the time and taking pictures constantly, thinking “hmmm, I might need a photo of this for my blog…” My blogging routine now is that I get up an hour earlier than normal, download my photos from the previous day and then put together a post in about 45-50 minutes. I then spend about 5-10 minutes “marketing” that post by putting it on my Facebook page or Twitter or any other relevant place so readers can find it. P.S. I finally joined Pinterest this week, too (my first board is here).

This was another busy week. I’m still recovering from the loss of my dad who died about a month ago. It took a few weeks for it to sink in that he is really gone and to deal with some of the family issues that came up during the grieving process. My friend Valerie who is a social worker says that this is all normal.

• On Monday, February 6th, I posted my Buckwheat Cinnamon Pancake recipe here and talked some words of wisdom I got from my dad (now I know why they sounded familiar, they are from Garrison Keillor).

What a week! I’m now knee-deep into the spring semester of my classes, too, taking two courses for my masters program and one for the R.D. coursework. I’ve also accepted a volunteer position with the Nutritional Research Project which is a non-profit group that supports research by Dr. Fuhrman and other scientists who are studying the role of a high-nutrient diet in disease prevention and reversal. You can read the press release about my involvement here.

So how did I make my Peanut Butter Banana Soft-Serve? It’s so easy, just place two frozen bananas, one cup of frozen mango chunks, two tablespoons of peanut butter, 1/4 cup of non-dairy milk, a splash of vanilla and one teaspoon of carob powder (optional) in a food processor, and run until smooth. Enjoy!

Peanut Butter Banana Soft-Serve

Author:
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 2
Ingredients
  • 2 frozen bananas, broken into large pieces
  • 1 cup frozen mango chunks
  • 2 tablespoons unsalted peanut butter (or raw almond butter)
  • ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
  • ¼ cup non-dairy milk
  • 1 teaspoon carob powder (or cacao or cocoa powder)
Instructions
  1. Place all ingredients in a food processor (not a high-speed blender) and run until smooth. Enjoy immediately.

“See” you Monday!

Note: this post has been submitted to Healthy Vegan Fridays and Gluten-Free Fridays.

Comments

1. Jill in Chicago says

Carrie, so sorry to hear about your dad. Anyone who enjoys the Far Side is awesome in my book, and I hope his words of wisdom provide comfort now and down the road. :)

2. Robyn :) says

It occurred to me today as I was heating up water that fearing the pressure cooker exploding is much like my fear that the teakettle will explode lol.

I admire you for making more space in your life for your blog. I often find myself thinking how I can better rearrange and time manage so I can reach my humble audience more often. It’s no secret- the best blogs have owners who blog often, so kudos Carrie!

4. Monica Hunter says

Hi Carrie,

I really enjoy reading your blog. Thanks for all the effort you put into it. My question is–what is the best pressure cooker to purchase? I have one but there are no speeds on it, just amount of time. When I cook beans I don’t even pre-soak because the pressure cooker cooks them in 4 minutes.
    Thanks again.

Monica

Hi Monica! Thanks for reading and for the nice comment. To be honest, I can’t recommend an exact pressure cooker right now because I’m such a beginner. I would advise you to get an electric one (as opposed to stove top) and spend about $60-75. But, it sounds like yours sounds like it’s just fine for what you need so you probably don’t need a new one.

5. Courtney says

I am curious about what program you are in right now (school-wise). I am a nurse with a BSN and am very interested in Public Health and Nutrition. I would love to become a R.D. Are you in two separate programs? Just curious. Any details would be much appreciated.
    Thanks!!

Hi Courtney! My MPH program is through the University of Massachusetts, Amherst, and the RD program is thought the University of Northern Colorado, both online. Let me know if you have any other questions, I’d love to help!

Thanks, Heather! This was a post from earlier this year, but I do appreciate your kind words on my dad’s passing. I loved reading about your visit to KindKreme! Let me know if you are ever back in the LA area!!! :)

Doh! I didnt even notice the date. I am SO sorry about that! Anyway, I hope you are doing much better now. I love LA! I went to all the raw restaurants in the area and was in heaven :) Will definitely let you know when I return. Would be fun to hit up KindKreme and other places together!

No problem, Heather, condolences are always welcome when it comes to losing a parent. I am doing much better now, thanks so much for your sweet note.

6. Michelle says

I recently bought a pressure cooker and use it for everything from stocks to stews to braises. Before buying one I didn’t think I needed it but after buying one I just fell in love with mine. If you’re thinking of buying one but can’t decide which one to buy, go to this site to read reviews. They do a good job explaining the pros and cons and tell you which one would suit all budgets.